Great opportunity to advance your network engineering career, as the primary Network Engineer for the Tokyo office of a global financial firm. Working as a member of a local Engineering & Integrations team and supported by colleagues of other Asia Pacific offices, the Network Engineer will contribute to design, configuration and deployment of network and security devices (Cisco, Juniper, Arista etc.) and be involved in delivery of Network projects / tasks throughout Japan.
Our client is a well known multinational Banking / Securities sector company and they provide an excellent environment for a highly motivated engineer to learn the skills required to manage to maximum performance, a critical, highly available, secure enterprise Network.
This role will be highly autonomous covering a complete range of network support tasks, i.e. installing, monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, supporting enterprise-class IP network technologies.
You will have the chance to work with network systems for Trading environments, including enterprise Cisco Switches and routers, Firewall management and Network security and monitoring systems.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Function as a member of a Network Engineering and Integration team with responsibilities for design, configuration and deployment of network and security devices (Cisco, Juniper, Arista etc.), ensuring compliance to standards and guidelines.
- Lead delivery of Network projects / tasks throughout Japan within timelines and vendor resources.
- Contribute to management of network integration, escalation management and change management.
- Successfully receive technical escalations and provide solutions to resolve impacting network incidents. Conduct root-cause analysis for major problems and troubleshooting to resolution.
- Communicate with client and business units during projects and incidents.
- Create and review technical service design documentation.
- Partner with local in-country and remote resources to deliver network services.
- Deliver reports, engineering designs and network team meeting representation.
- Provide engineering handover to networking support teams.
- Participate in vendor management and governance process.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Intermediate-level enterprise network protocol knowledge and experience including routing, switching, BGP, OSPF, Multicast.
- Proven experience with network technologies LAN, WAN, Carrier, Data Center, Colocation, Low Latency, B2B, Firewall, Security environments.
- Good understanding of integrated Cisco and multi-vendor enterprise level network architecture and design principles.
- Professional level Cisco networking certifications preferred.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to focus and perform well in time-sensitive, high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the finance industry preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Japanese skill is a plus.
Eligible candidates must be presently residing in JAPAN or have permission to work in Japan and be able to return to Japan quickly.