Systems Administrator - Messaging
EUC UCC Messaging Operations group requires a level 3 SA to join the global operations environment.
The candidate will be expected to provide daily operational support to a global Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business and Microsoft Exchange mail infrastructure.
The role is adjunct to Engineering, as the Operations team owns all toolsets which are required to both run and report on the plant on a daily basis. This role not only involves infrastructure skills, but also some scripting and development work, as we look to further automate many of our processes and end user toolsets. Also, we are starting to test and deploy new technologies including Lync 2013.
Furthermore, the candidate is also expected have experience with managed service vendors, as the role includes; directing managed service teams, scheduling appropriate work, providing new intelligent solutions for their daily operations. This allows the metro resources to remain in a development and escalation role. This environment is extremely important and considered by the business as a crit zero applications, not only to the end users but also to the application development groups as well. Because of this, suitable candidates will need strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- System management and upkeep of the production environment.
- Problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation, and notification.
- Runbook documentation - inventories, problem resolution processes, documentation.
- Testing of server upgrades and patch deployment
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills to facilitate working with end-users and other IT colleagues.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Professional ownership of issues.
- Good organizational skill.
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Proven troubleshooting skills in a support environment.
- Strong sense of commitment and drive towards problem resolution.
- Use of initiative and proactive approach to work Experience of working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Maturity to be able to execute job functions with minimal guidance
Required Technical skills:
- Microsoft Lync 2013 / Skype for Business 2015
- Exchange 2010 / 2013 /2016
- Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 server skills
- Active Directory admin skills
- Generic Scripting skills
- Some Skype for Business Server 2015 architecture skills Some
- SQL query language skills
Education Level: B.S. Degree preferred
- Is Japanese required for the role (what level if necessary)? -> not required
- How many team members the person would be working with -> Globally 12 in teams. Locally, 1 in Hong Kong, 2 in Shanghai, 1 in Tokyo
- Working hours and any expected work over the weekend -> Business hours 9-6pm in office, there is a global meeting (1-2 per week) where staff can dial in from home. Oncall rotation on the weekend so weekend work expected about once every 2-3 months.
Powered by CATS